Our serums are hand blended using only the natural, fresh and highly active form of Vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid. They are designed to be highly potent, stored in a refrigerator and used within a period of 4-6 weeks unlike the longer shelf-life off the shelf serums which are loaded with preservatives.
Kathryn Jones serums are hand blended by a third party manufacturer to her exact recipe.
- L-Ascorbic Acid is the purest form of Vitamin C and is very beneficial for skin
Vitamin C is a powerful anti-ageing ingredient which is most effective when fresh and active. Benefits include:
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles by increasing collagen production in the skin
- Inhibits the production of melanin, preventing pigmentation caused by hormonal changes and the natural ageing process
- Also an anti-oxidant and can reduce skin damage on a cellular level
Yes – a broad spectrum 30+ sunscreen should be used every day
Yes – a dermaroller may be used before applying the Triology serum. Ensure that the skin is cleaned thoroughly and that your derma roller is sterilised correctly. Be prepared for your skin to tingle or sting a little, especially if using a 0.5mm needle or above.
It’s normal for the skin to tingle and even sting slightly when the Triology is first applied. This should subside after a minute or two. If stinging persists for a long time or skin becomes red or irritated, discontinue use.
The best place for the Triology serums is in a cool dark place away from heat and light with the lid tightly secured. They can be stored in the refrigerator at 2-4 degrees centigrade. This will keep them fresher for longer
No. You should stop using and discard it. When vitamin C serums turn yellow this means that they have oxidized and are no longer beneficial for the skin. Remember these are freshly made, all-natural serums without preservatives that must be used within a period of 4-6 weeks.
- Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that occurs in the skin and joints of the body
Hyaluronic acid is nature’s most effective moisturiser. It is a humectant which means it attracts moisture, helping your cells retain as much of it as possible so that your skin feels and appears plump, hydrated and healthy.
Hyaluronic acid is well known for its skin benefits, especially alleviating dry skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It increases hydration, improves elasticity and also reverses free radical damage. It will keep your skin hydrated and looking fresh and dewy for long periods.
Hyaluronic acid can plump and fill out wrinkles, making your skin appear smooth and wrinkle free
- Yes – hyaluronic acid is suitable for use on dry and eczema prone skin, and can also help to hydrate and soothe damaged or compromised skin following procedures such as laser resurfacing or a chemical peel.
We recommend allowing each serum to completely absorb into your skin before you begin the next step and apply further product. Water based serums such as Triology and HA-ppy Face are usually applied first, followed by creams and then lastly oil based serums, such as Essential Glow